Cancer Crisis: Her Journey is Over… and ours has just begun.
Good Morning World. It is 11:00 am Wednesday May 12. I wake up this morning as a single father. I am simply overwhelmed by the support, love, and friendship… (how do you translate tears all over the keyboard and screen?)
Virginia took her last breath at 1:2o this morning. I stayed around doing the normal paperwork shuffle until about 3:15 this morning. I got home at about 3:45 and shut off the phone, the alarms and went to bed. I woke this morning to a very wet pillow and an empty bed.
Virginia’s folks and sister made it to Iowa in time to see her. Pvt Black Spartan (Janae) made it home in time to see Mommy. We had a ad-hoc family reunion in Virginia’s hospice room as we all shared stories of our favorite Virginia memories.
The family (especially PIT #3) started to get tired about 10:30. 11:00 I wrote the “Counting down the hours” post and read each of the 113 e-mails. I hope everyone will forgive me for not replying personally.😎
Pastor Ken of my church and Pastor Troy (not my Pastor but I’ve worked with him on a number of occasions) sat with me and talked from 11:00 – 12:30. I shared with them stories of Virginia and I. We watched Virginia’s breathing get shallower and further apart as I held her hand. Pastor Troy left at 12:30 and Pastor Ken sat with me.
At 1:20 this morning Virginia breathed her last. My wife is now healed. Praise God! The shell she lived in on this earth is at rest.
I’ll probably be saying this a lot in the next few days. THANK YOU! I don’t remember who started it but the Vulcan Stev family fund is appreciated. I never would have asked, but I’m man enough to admit we need it and I certainly won’t turn down the assistance. Posting the link here seems a little self-serving to me (besides in all honesty I’m not sure I remember who started it or what the link is) Again thank you.
Virginia Nibbelink is at peace. She has fought the good fight. She has finished her race. The Cancer Crisis is over.
Right now plans are for her memorial service to be held Sunday morning at New Hope Fellowship in Holland, Iowa. You are all certainly welcome to attend.
I plan to write up a post (when I’m feeling more articulate) about what Virginia meant/means to me.
I have had a number of folks tell me that my posts about the battle have been a source of inspiration (Berin, I think I understand a little how you feel). Towards that end, I will also probably blog about how the family is coping with the transition. I figure if what I wrote has helped folks going through similar experiences with cancer then what I write might help folks who have lost someone.
I apologize if this has been rambling. I’m still coming to grips with the fact that Virginia isn’t coming back to this house. She has gone home.
Virginia Nibbelink b. October 25, 1963. Born into Eternity May 12, 2010. Godspeed my love
May 12, 2010 - Posted by Vulcan Stev | Life near an Iowa Cornfield, Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight, Vulcan Stev | cancer fight, Coping with Cancer, Death, Death & Dying, Eternal Life, Mrs. Vulcan Stev, Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight
20 Comments »
Peace and Long Life
Greetings, welcome to the database of Stev, the Vulcan currently on assigment somewhere in the American Heartland.
Vulcan Stev's Database is a chronicle of his viewpoints on life, a repository for his Demotivational Posters, and a place to store the cool stuff he puts together in Photoshop
Enjoy your visit. It is a logical place to be.
Live Long and Prosper
Howard on The View from My Chair: Klingo… acreve on Which D&D Metallic Dragon… John on Demotivational Poster: Curbs (… ccm2361 on 30 D30 30 Charts & Tables… ccm2361 on Demotivational Poster: Rules
The crew likes these posts
- Attention followers of @vulcanstev this account is going away. Please follow @Alien_Graphics_ 2 years ago
- Found the original hard copies of the short stories that will be chapters 4 and 5. 3 years ago
- No, I have not given up on the book. My real joband taking care of Angela nad the kids takes precedence. Hope... fb.me/1uW4l7s1I 3 years ago
- Facebook now requires page administrators to pay to promote status updates to those who already like our page. If... fb.me/26xcu2x2G 3 years ago
- Steve Nibbelink, the author, declares you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,... fb.me/19tqdq10Q 3 years ago
- Crowsmantle (and Eagle Cloaks, Owl Capes, and Beyond) from Age of RavensI'm running behind this week: trying to finish a public beta document for Action Cards and revising the rules (again) for Rights of Succession. Side note: Scrivener's great for organizing parts of your document, but there's nothing like learning a program while trying to actually accomplish... [...]
- Ransom and Flotsam from Dyson's DodecahedronThe city of Ransom is just about what you’d expect from a city with the name “Ransom”. It was built … Continue reading → [...]
- My toddler’s campaign world from Blog of HoldingSince D&D is, let’s face it, a kids’ game, kids are really good at it. My two year old seems to be constructing a campaign world. Here are two locations that she recently detailed. The Gracious City. I have no confidence that she knows what gracious means, but she likes how it... [...]
- New Releases Tuesday. Witch Edition. from The Other Side blogIt's Tuesday and that means new releases. Today I am very excited to report that The Witch is now available on iTunes and Amazon Instant Video. I am going to be staying up tonight to see this one. Also out is the third book in Barb Hendee's Mist-... [...]
- Those In Yellow from Tower of the Archmage"Let us walk in the woods, and tell sad stories of dead kings and lost princes." The dry leaves and fallen twigs snapped under her sandals, and the hem of her yellow robes dragged in the dirt. "Let us remember those forgotten, long ago turned to dust, ... [...]
- *News Flash* Rulenomicon Updated from Forgotten RunesThe Rulenomicon page has been updated. I got all the names of my new rules pasted in. Even got the formating to be more of a table. However, no new reviews or links yet. That will have to come later.Enjoy! ;) [...]
- Good Die and Bad Die from Observations of the FoxYears ago...actually decades ago, I had a friend who ran a very simple game system that he called "Good Die, Bad Die". It basically worked on the idea that you added your good die (a d6) to your ability score, and a bad die (also a d6) to the difficult... [...]
- Releasing the Kraken – Episode 1 – The Turning Tower from Dyson's DodecahedronAs long as Patreon pledged support remains above the $400 level, every month we are releasing one older map from … Continue reading → [...]
- For Cultured Friends V from Reviews from R'lyehThe fifth issue of The Excellent Travelling Volume continues James Maliszewski’s support for TSR Inc.’s Empire of the Petal Throne: The World of Tékumel, only the third RPG to be published and the first to come with its own bac... [...]
- Traveller Aid Society on OBS (RPGNow/DriveThruRPG) from Bat in the AtticLooks like the Mongoose Third Imperium and the entire Mongoose Traveller 2nd edition line will have a third party content program. The basic deal is this,Mongoose will allow you to SELL any work in PDF form that uses Mongoose Traveller 2nd edition rule... [...]
- Crowsmantle (and Eagle Cloaks, Owl Capes, and Beyond) from Age of Ravens
Order of the D30
LCARS (Library Computer Access Retrieval System)
- Ad Man Portfolio (10)
- Agent of October (2)
- Alien Graphics (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Comic Books (31)
- Connection Ministries (19)
- DC (22)
- Demotivational Posters (249)
- Destination Iowa (3)
- Fake Movie Posters (3)
- Firefly (2)
- Fluff/Inspiration (335)
- Gaming in the Universe of… (32)
- Gaming Notes (30)
- Goober's Place (One Way Express) (17)
- Legacy D&D (54)
- Life near an Iowa Cornfield (76)
- Little Dutch Can (4)
- Marvel (12)
- Memories of Virginia (11)
- Movie Reviews (65)
- Movie Trivia (3)
- Movies (52)
- Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight (42)
- News, Reviews and Culture (43)
- Nit-picking (2)
- Observations of a Noob GM (11)
- Order of the D30 (11)
- Other Systems (52)
- Photoshop Creativity (15)
- Play (21)
- Plot Hooks from… (9)
- Risus (8)
- RPG (164)
- Savage Worlds (22)
- Science Fiction (26)
- Serialized Fiction (1)
- SS3F (4)
- Star Trek (61)
- Star Wars (12)
- Stargate (6)
- Stev (2)
- TweetLibs (4)
- Twitter Inspired (4)
- Vulcan Stev (30)
- Vulcan Stev Family Journey (15)
Nebula of Tags20th Century Fox Ad Man Ashya T'Sai Batman breast cancer Cancer Cancer Crisis cancer fight Captain Kirk Car Wars Christmas humor comic book characters Connection Ministries Coping with Cancer creative writing D&D D&D 2e D&D humor demotivation Demotivational Poster Dungeons & Dragons Fake Movie Poster Fluff/Inspiration Fluff/Inspiration demotivation game night game stats Gaming in the Universe of Goober Goobers words of wisdom Harry Potter INA Inspiration/Fluff Little Dutch Can Liver Cancer LOLcats Movie Review Movie Reviews Movies Mrs. Vulcan Stev Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight Nevets Belin New Hope Fellowship News One Way Express Order of the D30 Paramount Pictures Photoshop pirates Pirates of the Caribbean PIT #1 PIT #2 PIT #3 Plot Hooks from... Portfolio Reviews and Culture Risus Rory's Story Cubes RPG RPG Blog Carnival RPG Bloggers Network Savage Worlds Spock Stargate SG-21 Star Trek Star Trek: TOS Star Trek Humor Star Wars Star Wars humor Stev Super Heroes The Watchmen Vulcan Stev Walt Disney Pictures Warner Bros. Ye Olde Shoppe of Magicks