Cancer Crisis: Her Journey is Over… and ours has just begun.
Good Morning World. It is 11:00 am Wednesday May 12. I wake up this morning as a single father. I am simply overwhelmed by the support, love, and friendship… (how do you translate tears all over the keyboard and screen?)
Virginia took her last breath at 1:2o this morning. I stayed around doing the normal paperwork shuffle until about 3:15 this morning. I got home at about 3:45 and shut off the phone, the alarms and went to bed. I woke this morning to a very wet pillow and an empty bed.
Virginia’s folks and sister made it to Iowa in time to see her. Pvt Black Spartan (Janae) made it home in time to see Mommy. We had a ad-hoc family reunion in Virginia’s hospice room as we all shared stories of our favorite Virginia memories.
The family (especially PIT #3) started to get tired about 10:30. 11:00 I wrote the “Counting down the hours” post and read each of the 113 e-mails. I hope everyone will forgive me for not replying personally.😎
Pastor Ken of my church and Pastor Troy (not my Pastor but I’ve worked with him on a number of occasions) sat with me and talked from 11:00 – 12:30. I shared with them stories of Virginia and I. We watched Virginia’s breathing get shallower and further apart as I held her hand. Pastor Troy left at 12:30 and Pastor Ken sat with me.
At 1:20 this morning Virginia breathed her last. My wife is now healed. Praise God! The shell she lived in on this earth is at rest.
I’ll probably be saying this a lot in the next few days. THANK YOU! I don’t remember who started it but the Vulcan Stev family fund is appreciated. I never would have asked, but I’m man enough to admit we need it and I certainly won’t turn down the assistance. Posting the link here seems a little self-serving to me (besides in all honesty I’m not sure I remember who started it or what the link is) Again thank you.
Virginia Nibbelink is at peace. She has fought the good fight. She has finished her race. The Cancer Crisis is over.
Right now plans are for her memorial service to be held Sunday morning at New Hope Fellowship in Holland, Iowa. You are all certainly welcome to attend.
I plan to write up a post (when I’m feeling more articulate) about what Virginia meant/means to me.
I have had a number of folks tell me that my posts about the battle have been a source of inspiration (Berin, I think I understand a little how you feel). Towards that end, I will also probably blog about how the family is coping with the transition. I figure if what I wrote has helped folks going through similar experiences with cancer then what I write might help folks who have lost someone.
I apologize if this has been rambling. I’m still coming to grips with the fact that Virginia isn’t coming back to this house. She has gone home.
Virginia Nibbelink b. October 25, 1963. Born into Eternity May 12, 2010. Godspeed my love
May 12, 2010 - Posted by Vulcan Stev | Life near an Iowa Cornfield, Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight, Vulcan Stev | cancer fight, Coping with Cancer, Death, Death & Dying, Eternal Life, Mrs. Vulcan Stev, Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight
20 Comments »
Peace and Long Life
Greetings, welcome to the database of Stev, the Vulcan currently on assigment somewhere in the American Heartland.
Vulcan Stev's Database is a chronicle of his viewpoints on life, a repository for his Demotivational Posters, and a place to store the cool stuff he puts together in Photoshop
Enjoy your visit. It is a logical place to be.
Live Long and Prosper
Vulcan Stev on 30 D30 30 Charts & Tables… GoldenKeyboard on 30 D30 30 Charts & Tables… 30 D30: 30 Charts an… on 30 D30 30 Charts & Tables… 30 D30: 30 Charts an… on Order of the D30: Curses to Pl… 30 D30: 30 Charts an… on Order of the D30: 30 cliches t…
The crew likes these posts
- Attention followers of @vulcanstev this account is going away. Please follow @Alien_Graphics_ 3 years ago
- Found the original hard copies of the short stories that will be chapters 4 and 5. 3 years ago
- No, I have not given up on the book. My real joband taking care of Angela nad the kids takes precedence. Hope... fb.me/1uW4l7s1I 3 years ago
- Facebook now requires page administrators to pay to promote status updates to those who already like our page. If... fb.me/26xcu2x2G 3 years ago
- Steve Nibbelink, the author, declares you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,... fb.me/19tqdq10Q 4 years ago
- D&D Volo’s Guide to Monsters Previews Collection from TribalityVolo’s Guide to Monsters, a new hardcover book of monsters for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, is releasing very soon (November 15, 2016 or earlier in gaming stores). The book features new monsters for a Dungeon Master to unleash on his players, lore and lairs for classic monsters, and... [...]
- HJRP1801 Horror, Mechanics and RPGs from Happy Jacks RPGHJRP1801 Your hosts: Stu, Stork, CADave and Gina Show Notes! The episode of Happy Jacks is sponsored by Easy Roller Dice Metal Dice Series. Use the coupon code METAL for 20% off everything in their on line store. We’ll discuss horror, tension and RPG mechanics. Kurt writes in about... [...]
- Revisiting the Crossroads from Observations of the FoxI've toyed with the idea of the crossroads as a place of power several times in my games. It's a concept of modern myth that really intrigues me.Today I was wondering why the most powerful crossroads depicted in popular culture always seem to be in iso... [...]
- The Death Magic Investigator from Board EnterprisesIn Legend Quest, the spell casters that can learn the most via magic are the necromancers. With Book of Wishes, they have spells like séance, clairvoyance, past vision, spirit call, and spirit sense. These allow them to question the ... [...]
- More Rootin’, Tootin’, Shootin’, Stealin’ Fun! from Reviews from R'lyehTired of running from one carriage to the next and robbing the passengers? Tired of jumping from one carriage roof to the next? Tired of punching and shooting your fellow bandits and getting punched and shot at in return? Tired of dodging Marshall Sam ... [...]
- Sunday Inspirational Image: Pumpkin Punisher from Tower of the ArchmageBy Simon Weaner [...]
- October Horror Movie Challenge: Witchtrap (1989) from The Other Side blogKathleen Bailey and Linnea Quigley are the only actresses here I recognize.The rest are pretty terrible. In fact the entire movie is really bad. The premise is interesting enough. An occultist turns up dead and is supposedly haunting his ow... [...]
- In Memory of Randy from RPG MUSINGSIt has been several months since I have posted anything here on RPG Musings. I have been taking a self-imposed hiatus from blogging so that I can accomplish a couple of things in my life that have brick-wall deadlines. I always had the intention of coming back and picking up RPG blogging... [...]
- AVL Scarefest Day 2: The Shambling Un-Dead And Unquenchable “Things” from The Savage AfterWorldGood evening everyone, and welcome to Day 2 of my blog reports from Scarefest here in North Carolina! Today started bright and early at 8 a.m. with wholesale slaughter in DCC RPG, with the carnage continuing in my early evening Cryptworld game. And here we go... Got up this morning, got ready,... [...]
- Monster Manual Cage Fight! from TrollsmythAlex Schroeder has weighed in with his thoughts on what makes a good monster book. I have to admit, there’s a lot there that clicks with me. As much as I love my weird and artsy, Noism’s book-of-pics-with-no-stats doesn’t sound as u... [...]
- D&D Volo’s Guide to Monsters Previews Collection from Tribality
Order of the D30
LCARS (Library Computer Access Retrieval System)
- Ad Man Portfolio (10)
- Agent of October (2)
- Alien Graphics (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Comic Books (31)
- Connection Ministries (19)
- DC (22)
- Demotivational Posters (249)
- Destination Iowa (3)
- Fake Movie Posters (3)
- Firefly (2)
- Fluff/Inspiration (335)
- Gaming in the Universe of… (32)
- Gaming Notes (30)
- Goober's Place (One Way Express) (17)
- Legacy D&D (54)
- Life near an Iowa Cornfield (76)
- Little Dutch Can (4)
- Marvel (12)
- Memories of Virginia (11)
- Movie Reviews (65)
- Movie Trivia (3)
- Movies (52)
- Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight (42)
- News, Reviews and Culture (43)
- Nit-picking (2)
- Observations of a Noob GM (11)
- Order of the D30 (11)
- Other Systems (52)
- Photoshop Creativity (15)
- Play (21)
- Plot Hooks from… (9)
- Risus (8)
- RPG (164)
- Savage Worlds (22)
- Science Fiction (26)
- Serialized Fiction (1)
- SS3F (4)
- Star Trek (61)
- Star Wars (12)
- Stargate (6)
- Stev (2)
- TweetLibs (4)
- Twitter Inspired (4)
- Vulcan Stev (30)
- Vulcan Stev Family Journey (15)
Nebula of Tags20th Century Fox Ad Man Ashya T'Sai Batman breast cancer Cancer Cancer Crisis cancer fight Captain Kirk Car Wars Christmas humor comic book characters Connection Ministries Coping with Cancer creative writing D&D D&D 2e D&D humor demotivation Demotivational Poster Dungeons & Dragons Fake Movie Poster Fluff/Inspiration Fluff/Inspiration demotivation game night game stats Gaming in the Universe of Goober Goobers words of wisdom Harry Potter INA Inspiration/Fluff Little Dutch Can Liver Cancer LOLcats Movie Review Movie Reviews Movies Mrs. Vulcan Stev Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight Nevets Belin New Hope Fellowship News One Way Express Order of the D30 Paramount Pictures Photoshop pirates Pirates of the Caribbean PIT #1 PIT #2 PIT #3 Plot Hooks from... Portfolio Reviews and Culture Risus Rory's Story Cubes RPG RPG Blog Carnival RPG Bloggers Network Savage Worlds Spock Stargate SG-21 Star Trek Star Trek: TOS Star Trek Humor Star Wars Star Wars humor Stev Super Heroes The Watchmen Vulcan Stev Walt Disney Pictures Warner Bros. Ye Olde Shoppe of Magicks
Site infoVulcan Stev's Database
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.