31DtaBBC Day 2: 10 Theories About WotC’s Boneheaded Decision
1. The suits at Hasbro actually believe this move will stop piracy.
2. WotC doesn’t want to share D&D profits with anybody.
3. Hasbro is trying to get away from all things electronic because computers are a fad.
4. An Evil Wizard has taken over at WotC.
5. WotC secretly wants to control all places where D&D is available.
6. WotC/Hasbro had a critical failure on their Intelligence role.
7. This isn’t Wizard’s fault this is all a HUGE plot instituted by a disgruntled former employee.
8. Hasbro can’t sell the new 4e D&D-My Little Pony tie-in if .pdfs of older material is still available.
9. The same marketing firm that came up with the SyFy channel told Hasbro/WotC this is sound business strategy.
10. WotC doesn’t want you to play anything but 4e. (Thanks to Berin for this one)
John over @ the Core Mechanic has his own list add those to Greywulf’s 10 below and now we have 30 reasons.
11 Comments »
Peace and Long Life
Greetings, welcome to the database of Stev, the Vulcan currently on assigment somewhere in the American Heartland.
Vulcan Stev's Database is a chronicle of his viewpoints on life, a repository for his Demotivational Posters, and a place to store the cool stuff he puts together in Photoshop
Enjoy your visit. It is a logical place to be.
Live Long and Prosper
acreve on Which D&D Metallic Dragon… John on Demotivational Poster: Curbs (… ccm2361 on 30 D30 30 Charts & Tables… ccm2361 on Demotivational Poster: Rules Crooked Rook on Demotivational Poster: Rules
The crew likes these posts
- Attention followers of @vulcanstev this account is going away. Please follow @Alien_Graphics_ 1 year ago
- Found the original hard copies of the short stories that will be chapters 4 and 5. 2 years ago
- No, I have not given up on the book. My real joband taking care of Angela nad the kids takes precedence. Hope... fb.me/1uW4l7s1I 2 years ago
- Facebook now requires page administrators to pay to promote status updates to those who already like our page. If... fb.me/26xcu2x2G 2 years ago
- Steve Nibbelink, the author, declares you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,... fb.me/19tqdq10Q 2 years ago
- Star Wars Roleplaying: Play on Target Ep. 41 from Age of RavensThough we didn’t plan it during recording, we managed to have a Star Wars-themed episode for May the Fourth. In it we discuss our experiences with different iterations of Star Wars rpgs. Spoiler:Until the week before, I hadn’t actually played any of published Star Wars rpg. We... [...]
- Fogs, Clouds and Confusion: A Battlemap technique from Campaign MasteryAnother filler post, I’m afraid – the next part of the New Beginnings series is turning out larger than I expected! I intended to get an early start on it yesterday, but thought of an article for later this week and started putting thoughts down on electronic “paper”, and... [...]
- The stories that never were…. from JP on GamingThe NeoExodus Legacies campaign had a number of storylines going. Obviously, these will not reach their climax, some may be transformed and reintroduced into SPX. Most I will simply abandon. Most are just a directing line without clear destination. Th... [...]
- Toss Out Alignment Entirely and Try This… from Moebius Adventures GamesOk folks. Over the weekend I came up with an intriguing concept that I’m going to employ in a campaign I’m starting in June. We’re going to use D&D 5e, but I’m tossing out alignment entirely. And now you should be asking what I’m replacing it with… But first,... [...]
- On Balance in 5th Edition from Hack & SlashI've been playing 5th edition for a while now, we are almost through Book 1 of the adventure path "Tyranny of the Dragon Queen". It's not the first adventure path I've played or ran. The experience has clarified my thoughts about adventure paths. I've also gained some insight into how fifth edition... [...]
- hypothesis: I game in the same manner I solve problems from Game in the BrainIn a discussion on different ways to run Mass Combat with a friend I realized that I cannot imagine how else to run Mass Combat because I can only run it given the Coping or Problem Solving mechanisms I have. Which jumped to the hypothesis: Is the... [...]
- RPT#655: How To Get Your Players To Roleplay More – The Flashback Method from Roleplaying Tips | RSS FeedBrief Word From Johnn Mythic Gods & Monsters Launches Tomorrow My new GM utility book offers fast and easy creation recipes for gods, pantheons, religions, and monsters. After a bit of a delay it’s nearly ready. My dream was to bring meddling gods down to the tabletop. Drive gameplay with... [...]
- Last Day to Get a Subscription to The Manor from Gothridge ManorThe 8th issue of The Manor will be released this week. With that I will be closing the subscription offer. I do this because it is easier for me to remember, instead of having subscriptions scattered over different issues. This is a 4... [...]
- May the Fourth be With You from The Other Side blogIt's "Star Wars day". I suppose you will be seeing this in a lot of places today, but I also want to increase the volume on this. James Spahn has released his old-school Space Opera epic, White... [...]
- Your Own Cinematic Universe from From the Sorcerer's SkullI saw Avengers: Age of Ultron this weekend and my short review is: it's good. I'm slightly troubled by the degree setting up future films and dealing with "universe" concerns are becoming more and more a part of the Marvel cinematic experience, while p... [...]
- Star Wars Roleplaying: Play on Target Ep. 41 from Age of Ravens
Order of the D30
LCARS (Library Computer Access Retrieval System)
- Ad Man Portfolio (10)
- Agent of October (2)
- Alien Graphics (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Comic Books (31)
- Connection Ministries (19)
- DC (22)
- Demotivational Posters (249)
- Destination Iowa (3)
- Fake Movie Posters (3)
- Firefly (2)
- Fluff/Inspiration (335)
- Gaming in the Universe of… (32)
- Gaming Notes (30)
- Goober's Place (One Way Express) (17)
- Legacy D&D (54)
- Life near an Iowa Cornfield (76)
- Little Dutch Can (4)
- Marvel (12)
- Memories of Virginia (11)
- Movie Reviews (65)
- Movie Trivia (3)
- Movies (52)
- Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight (42)
- News, Reviews and Culture (43)
- Nit-picking (2)
- Observations of a Noob GM (11)
- Order of the D30 (11)
- Other Systems (52)
- Photoshop Creativity (15)
- Play (21)
- Plot Hooks from… (9)
- Risus (8)
- RPG (164)
- Savage Worlds (22)
- Science Fiction (26)
- Serialized Fiction (1)
- SS3F (4)
- Star Trek (61)
- Star Wars (12)
- Stargate (6)
- Stev (2)
- TweetLibs (4)
- Twitter Inspired (4)
- Vulcan Stev (30)
- Vulcan Stev Family Journey (15)
Nebula of Tags20th Century Fox Ad Man Ashya T'Sai Batman breast cancer Cancer Cancer Crisis cancer fight Captain Kirk Car Wars Christmas humor comic book characters Connection Ministries Coping with Cancer creative writing D&D D&D 2e D&D humor demotivation Demotivational Poster Dungeons & Dragons Fake Movie Poster Fluff/Inspiration Fluff/Inspiration demotivation game night game stats Gaming in the Universe of Goober Goobers words of wisdom Harry Potter INA Inspiration/Fluff Little Dutch Can Liver Cancer LOLcats Movie Review Movie Reviews Movies Mrs. Vulcan Stev Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight Nevets Belin New Hope Fellowship News One Way Express Order of the D30 Paramount Pictures Photoshop pirates Pirates of the Caribbean PIT #1 PIT #2 PIT #3 Plot Hooks from... Portfolio Reviews and Culture Risus Rory's Story Cubes RPG RPG Blog Carnival RPG Bloggers Network Savage Worlds Spock Stargate SG-21 Star Trek Star Trek: TOS Star Trek Humor Star Wars Star Wars humor Stev Super Heroes The Watchmen Vulcan Stev Walt Disney Pictures Warner Bros. Ye Olde Shoppe of Magicks