31DtaBBC Day 2: 10 Theories About WotC’s Boneheaded Decision
1. The suits at Hasbro actually believe this move will stop piracy.
2. WotC doesn’t want to share D&D profits with anybody.
3. Hasbro is trying to get away from all things electronic because computers are a fad.
4. An Evil Wizard has taken over at WotC.
5. WotC secretly wants to control all places where D&D is available.
6. WotC/Hasbro had a critical failure on their Intelligence role.
7. This isn’t Wizard’s fault this is all a HUGE plot instituted by a disgruntled former employee.
8. Hasbro can’t sell the new 4e D&D-My Little Pony tie-in if .pdfs of older material is still available.
9. The same marketing firm that came up with the SyFy channel told Hasbro/WotC this is sound business strategy.
10. WotC doesn’t want you to play anything but 4e. (Thanks to Berin for this one)
John over @ the Core Mechanic has his own list add those to Greywulf’s 10 below and now we have 30 reasons.
11 Comments »
Peace and Long Life
Greetings, welcome to the database of Stev, the Vulcan currently on assigment somewhere in the American Heartland.
Vulcan Stev's Database is a chronicle of his viewpoints on life, a repository for his Demotivational Posters, and a place to store the cool stuff he puts together in Photoshop
Enjoy your visit. It is a logical place to be.
Live Long and Prosper
acreve on Which D&D Metallic Dragon… John on Demotivational Poster: Curbs (… ccm2361 on 30 D30 30 Charts & Tables… ccm2361 on Demotivational Poster: Rules Crooked Rook on Demotivational Poster: Rules
The crew likes these posts
- Attention followers of @vulcanstev this account is going away. Please follow @Alien_Graphics_ 1 year ago
- Found the original hard copies of the short stories that will be chapters 4 and 5. 2 years ago
- No, I have not given up on the book. My real joband taking care of Angela nad the kids takes precedence. Hope... fb.me/1uW4l7s1I 2 years ago
- Facebook now requires page administrators to pay to promote status updates to those who already like our page. If... fb.me/26xcu2x2G 2 years ago
- Steve Nibbelink, the author, declares you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,... fb.me/19tqdq10Q 2 years ago
- Altacia, City of the Dogmen (A to Z Challenge, A) from Sea of Stars RPG Design JournalAltacia The Dogfolk did not appear in the ruins of the city of Altacia, once the stronghold of the Warrior’s cult before the Sundering, until a generation after the gods were cast down. What caused the spontaneous uplifting of the packs of wolves and wild dogs who prowled the ruins is... [...]
- Another Lankhmar Update: Don’t Forget Savage Worlds LANKHMAR! from Advanced Dungeons and ParentingEarlier this week, I shared my excitement that Goodman Games had acquired a license to release adventures that take place in Fritz Leiber's classic Lankhmar/Nehwon setting. Toward the end of the post, I mentioned that Pinnacle Entertainment Group's Savage Worlds role playing game was the only other... [...]
- Of Overlords, Kings and Barons, Building a Feudal Setting Part 8 from Bat in the AtticContinuing a series of posts detailing how I developed the feudal system of the City-State in my Majestic Wilderlands campaign.Some background items.The Overlords of All Tharians and of the City-State to date are4436 BCCC The present date of the Majest... [...]
- Upcoming Adventure: The Wrath of Zardax the Unbeatable from Unofficial GamesComing soon!The mighty wizard Zardax, master of white magic, black magic, green magic, hell he's the master of all kinds of colour magic including but not limited to technicolor and smurple. He's got a totally rad dungeon with smushing trap... [...]
- A is for Angel from A Life Full of AdventureWere you aware that Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay had an angel (at least first edition)? I wasn't either, but when I read one description in the Demons section, it read just like an angel:Viydagg"Sometimes mistakenly called the Life Elemental, the Viydagg... [...]
- Deck of Delves Update from Dyson's Dodecahedron(Yes, it is April 1st, no this is not an April Fools gag) Last month I posted a proof-of-concept for … Continue reading → [...]
- Where’s My Next Meal Coming From? from SoogaGamesSomeone recently asked me how Bastion would feed itself, being a city of millions with only a backwards Deep Country and a few Failed Cities as potential trading partners.It's easy! Again, look no further than the three principles of Bastion (Everythin... [...]
- A to Z of Vampires, Aswang from The Other Side blogWelcome the the 2015 A to Z blogging challenge. This year I am going to take on Vampires. Talk some history and present some stats for various games. It should be fun. So it's April 1st. Lets get started. Aswang A creature from the Philippines. T... [...]
- Strange Stars Races- Savage Worlds Style, Baby- The Engineers from Wrathofzombie's Blog » Role-playingAnd yet more fun with Savage Worlding Strange Stars! Engineers The Engineers (mnadnzat; mnaat sing.) are responsible for much of the Empire’s technology. Though humanoid, they have characteristics like Paleo-Earth crustaceans, including eight limbs and a metallic carapace. All the engineers... [...]
- A: Altar of Set from Tower of the Archmage“Snakes. Why does it always have to be snakes? Why aren’t they ever pony cults?” Rathgar sighed as he surveyed the large chamber. Columns Intricately carved with coiled serpents supported the ribbed ceiling, while the walls were decorated with murals depicting every manner of... [...]
- Altacia, City of the Dogmen (A to Z Challenge, A) from Sea of Stars RPG Design Journal
Order of the D30
LCARS (Library Computer Access Retrieval System)
- Ad Man Portfolio (10)
- Agent of October (2)
- Alien Graphics (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Comic Books (31)
- Connection Ministries (19)
- DC (22)
- Demotivational Posters (249)
- Destination Iowa (3)
- Fake Movie Posters (3)
- Firefly (2)
- Fluff/Inspiration (335)
- Gaming in the Universe of… (32)
- Gaming Notes (30)
- Goober's Place (One Way Express) (17)
- Legacy D&D (54)
- Life near an Iowa Cornfield (76)
- Little Dutch Can (4)
- Marvel (12)
- Memories of Virginia (11)
- Movie Reviews (65)
- Movie Trivia (3)
- Movies (52)
- Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight (42)
- News, Reviews and Culture (43)
- Nit-picking (2)
- Observations of a Noob GM (11)
- Order of the D30 (11)
- Other Systems (52)
- Photoshop Creativity (15)
- Play (21)
- Plot Hooks from… (9)
- Risus (8)
- RPG (164)
- Savage Worlds (22)
- Science Fiction (26)
- Serialized Fiction (1)
- SS3F (4)
- Star Trek (61)
- Star Wars (12)
- Stargate (6)
- Stev (2)
- TweetLibs (4)
- Twitter Inspired (4)
- Vulcan Stev (30)
- Vulcan Stev Family Journey (15)
Nebula of Tags20th Century Fox Ad Man Ashya T'Sai Batman breast cancer Cancer Cancer Crisis cancer fight Captain Kirk Car Wars Christmas humor comic book characters Connection Ministries Coping with Cancer creative writing D&D D&D 2e D&D humor demotivation Demotivational Poster Dungeons & Dragons Fake Movie Poster Fluff/Inspiration Fluff/Inspiration demotivation game night game stats Gaming in the Universe of Goober Goobers words of wisdom Harry Potter INA Inspiration/Fluff Little Dutch Can Liver Cancer LOLcats Movie Review Movie Reviews Movies Mrs. Vulcan Stev Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight Nevets Belin New Hope Fellowship News One Way Express Order of the D30 Paramount Pictures Photoshop pirates Pirates of the Caribbean PIT #1 PIT #2 PIT #3 Plot Hooks from... Portfolio Reviews and Culture Risus Rory's Story Cubes RPG RPG Blog Carnival RPG Bloggers Network Savage Worlds Spock Stargate SG-21 Star Trek Star Trek: TOS Star Trek Humor Star Wars Star Wars humor Stev Super Heroes The Watchmen Vulcan Stev Walt Disney Pictures Warner Bros. Ye Olde Shoppe of Magicks