31DtaBBC Day 2: 10 Theories About WotC’s Boneheaded Decision
1. The suits at Hasbro actually believe this move will stop piracy.
2. WotC doesn’t want to share D&D profits with anybody.
3. Hasbro is trying to get away from all things electronic because computers are a fad.
4. An Evil Wizard has taken over at WotC.
5. WotC secretly wants to control all places where D&D is available.
6. WotC/Hasbro had a critical failure on their Intelligence role.
7. This isn’t Wizard’s fault this is all a HUGE plot instituted by a disgruntled former employee.
8. Hasbro can’t sell the new 4e D&D-My Little Pony tie-in if .pdfs of older material is still available.
9. The same marketing firm that came up with the SyFy channel told Hasbro/WotC this is sound business strategy.
10. WotC doesn’t want you to play anything but 4e. (Thanks to Berin for this one)
John over @ the Core Mechanic has his own list add those to Greywulf’s 10 below and now we have 30 reasons.