31DtaBBC Day 2: 10 Theories About WotC’s Boneheaded Decision
1. The suits at Hasbro actually believe this move will stop piracy.
2. WotC doesn’t want to share D&D profits with anybody.
3. Hasbro is trying to get away from all things electronic because computers are a fad.
4. An Evil Wizard has taken over at WotC.
5. WotC secretly wants to control all places where D&D is available.
6. WotC/Hasbro had a critical failure on their Intelligence role.
7. This isn’t Wizard’s fault this is all a HUGE plot instituted by a disgruntled former employee.
8. Hasbro can’t sell the new 4e D&D-My Little Pony tie-in if .pdfs of older material is still available.
9. The same marketing firm that came up with the SyFy channel told Hasbro/WotC this is sound business strategy.
10. WotC doesn’t want you to play anything but 4e. (Thanks to Berin for this one)
John over @ the Core Mechanic has his own list add those to Greywulf’s 10 below and now we have 30 reasons.
11 Comments »
Peace and Long Life
Greetings, welcome to the database of Stev, the Vulcan currently on assigment somewhere in the American Heartland.
Vulcan Stev's Database is a chronicle of his viewpoints on life, a repository for his Demotivational Posters, and a place to store the cool stuff he puts together in Photoshop
Enjoy your visit. It is a logical place to be.
Live Long and Prosper
acreve on Which D&D Metallic Dragon… John on Demotivational Poster: Curbs (… ccm2361 on 30 D30 30 Charts & Tables… ccm2361 on Demotivational Poster: Rules Crooked Rook on Demotivational Poster: Rules
The crew likes these posts
- Attention followers of @vulcanstev this account is going away. Please follow @Alien_Graphics_ 1 year ago
- Found the original hard copies of the short stories that will be chapters 4 and 5. 1 year ago
- No, I have not given up on the book. My real joband taking care of Angela nad the kids takes precedence. Hope... fb.me/1uW4l7s1I 1 year ago
- Facebook now requires page administrators to pay to promote status updates to those who already like our page. If... fb.me/26xcu2x2G 1 year ago
- Steve Nibbelink, the author, declares you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,... fb.me/19tqdq10Q 1 year ago
- Female Friendly from Dragonlance D&D Game BlogIf you haven't already heard, Sean K Reynolds has a blog post talking about Female-Friendly Campaigns, with some do's and don't's. It's something I think every GM and player should read and try to take to heart. I'm pretty sure that each and every one of us has at some point in our lives felt... [...]
- Running a game of Fate – Tianxia from The Omnipotent EyeHaving played a few sessions of Fate, and having seen how much it's been talked about, I took the plunge and ran a game myself. The publisher of Tianxia has a great blog post about running demo games of Tianxia. I stole his setup whole cloth, and it wo... [...]
- Video Unboxing – Cubist from G*M*S MagazineCubist is a very strange proposition for a game. But then, this is a game co-designed by Alf Seegert, a designer who is known for creating strange games with strange themes that, invariably, work very well indeed. The Road to Canterbury and Fantastiqa are games that should be in any gamer’s... [...]
- #6MMRPC Week 2 from Tower of the ArchmageThis past week I found myself stuck all day in one of the nicest cities to be stuck in for a day - Frederick Maryland. The weather was beautiful though a little overcast, which did help keep the temperature down. I decided to take advantage of this, an... [...]
- GM Advice Desperately Needed (I’m In Way Over My Head) from Rule of the DiceWhat was I thinking?I just had 14 people sign up to play a game I've never run, in a system I'm not familiar with, in a setting we just made up over the weekend. And Cthulhu help me, I think I'm going to go ahead with it.It's a play by email game it ... [...]
- Southlands and the Arabian Nights from Kobold PressSome things naturally go together, like cake and ice cream. Among them are incredibly rich and unique campaign settings and adventures that stir them to life. Kobold Press brings the distinctive flavor of the Middle East, Egypt, and Africa to Midgard with the Southlands Kickstarter. Southlands is... [...]
- Designing a Boffer LARP System (Part 6) from Observations of the FoxAs it stands, the "Dust 2 Dust" LARP system seems pretty good. it's got a lot of the things I'm going for and if I was a lazy designer I'd just hack the current set up to push it more in the directions I'm aiming.I try not to take the lazy option. Pers... [...]
- Building A World – Part 3 – Details of the Land Mass from Reality RefractedI apologize for the lack of visual aids for this. I tried, but had some issues with the scanner to picture thing that I'll hopefully have worked out for the update to come on Thursday. Today is mostly a recap of what we have so far, but there are some ... [...]
- October is coming from The Other Side blogWell it is getting down in temperature here and my thoughts are turning to October.October is usually a busy time around here. both here at home and at The Other Side.This October I am planning to participate in two blogfests.Horror Movie ChallengeAs n... [...]
- Usagi Yojimbo from RPG Character A Week's blogHere's a character you may not have thought about for a while, though he's still going strong in the comics. He's not nearly as skillful as he appears in the comics, as characters on this blog are typically at first level. He's also human in all but appearance. He really doesn't have any... [...]
- Female Friendly from Dragonlance D&D Game Blog
Order of the D30
LCARS (Library Computer Access Retrieval System)
- Ad Man Portfolio (10)
- Agent of October (2)
- Alien Graphics (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Comic Books (31)
- Connection Ministries (19)
- DC (22)
- Demotivational Posters (249)
- Destination Iowa (3)
- Fake Movie Posters (3)
- Firefly (2)
- Fluff/Inspiration (335)
- Gaming in the Universe of… (32)
- Gaming Notes (30)
- Goober's Place (One Way Express) (17)
- Legacy D&D (54)
- Life near an Iowa Cornfield (76)
- Little Dutch Can (4)
- Marvel (12)
- Memories of Virginia (11)
- Movie Reviews (65)
- Movie Trivia (3)
- Movies (52)
- Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight (42)
- News, Reviews and Culture (43)
- Nit-picking (2)
- Observations of a Noob GM (11)
- Order of the D30 (11)
- Other Systems (52)
- Photoshop Creativity (15)
- Play (21)
- Plot Hooks from… (9)
- Risus (8)
- RPG (164)
- Savage Worlds (22)
- Science Fiction (26)
- Serialized Fiction (1)
- SS3F (4)
- Star Trek (61)
- Star Wars (12)
- Stargate (6)
- Stev (2)
- TweetLibs (4)
- Twitter Inspired (4)
- Vulcan Stev (30)
- Vulcan Stev Family Journey (15)
Nebula of Tags20th Century Fox Ad Man Ashya T'Sai Batman breast cancer Cancer Cancer Crisis cancer fight Captain Kirk Car Wars Christmas humor comic book characters Connection Ministries Coping with Cancer creative writing D&D D&D 2e D&D humor demotivation Demotivational Poster Dungeons & Dragons Fake Movie Poster Fluff/Inspiration Fluff/Inspiration demotivation game night game stats Gaming in the Universe of Goober Goobers words of wisdom Harry Potter INA Inspiration/Fluff Little Dutch Can Liver Cancer LOLcats Movie Review Movie Reviews Movies Mrs. Vulcan Stev Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight Nevets Belin New Hope Fellowship News One Way Express Order of the D30 Paramount Pictures Photoshop pirates Pirates of the Caribbean PIT #1 PIT #2 PIT #3 Plot Hooks from... Portfolio Reviews and Culture Risus Rory's Story Cubes RPG RPG Blog Carnival RPG Bloggers Network Savage Worlds Spock Stargate SG-21 Star Trek Star Trek: TOS Star Trek Humor Star Wars Star Wars humor Stev Super Heroes The Watchmen Vulcan Stev Walt Disney Pictures Warner Bros. Ye Olde Shoppe of Magicks