31DtaBBC Day 2: 10 Theories About WotC’s Boneheaded Decision
1. The suits at Hasbro actually believe this move will stop piracy.
2. WotC doesn’t want to share D&D profits with anybody.
3. Hasbro is trying to get away from all things electronic because computers are a fad.
4. An Evil Wizard has taken over at WotC.
5. WotC secretly wants to control all places where D&D is available.
6. WotC/Hasbro had a critical failure on their Intelligence role.
7. This isn’t Wizard’s fault this is all a HUGE plot instituted by a disgruntled former employee.
8. Hasbro can’t sell the new 4e D&D-My Little Pony tie-in if .pdfs of older material is still available.
9. The same marketing firm that came up with the SyFy channel told Hasbro/WotC this is sound business strategy.
10. WotC doesn’t want you to play anything but 4e. (Thanks to Berin for this one)
John over @ the Core Mechanic has his own list add those to Greywulf’s 10 below and now we have 30 reasons.
11 Comments »
Peace and Long Life
Greetings, welcome to the database of Stev, the Vulcan currently on assigment somewhere in the American Heartland.
Vulcan Stev's Database is a chronicle of his viewpoints on life, a repository for his Demotivational Posters, and a place to store the cool stuff he puts together in Photoshop
Enjoy your visit. It is a logical place to be.
Live Long and Prosper
acreve on Which D&D Metallic Dragon… John on Demotivational Poster: Curbs (… ccm2361 on 30 D30 30 Charts & Tables… ccm2361 on Demotivational Poster: Rules Crooked Rook on Demotivational Poster: Rules
The crew likes these posts
- Attention followers of @vulcanstev this account is going away. Please follow @Alien_Graphics_ 1 year ago
- Found the original hard copies of the short stories that will be chapters 4 and 5. 1 year ago
- No, I have not given up on the book. My real joband taking care of Angela nad the kids takes precedence. Hope... fb.me/1uW4l7s1I 1 year ago
- Facebook now requires page administrators to pay to promote status updates to those who already like our page. If... fb.me/26xcu2x2G 1 year ago
- Steve Nibbelink, the author, declares you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,... fb.me/19tqdq10Q 1 year ago
- A strong wind blows: Environmental effects for RPGs from Campaign MasteryThis entry is part 2 in the series House Rules from The Adventurer's Club This is part 2 of a series presenting the various House Rules that have been introduced into the Pulp Campaign that I co-GM. Today I’m presenting some cold, heat, wind-chill, and altitude tables that were developed for... [...]
- Daily Cosplay from The Troll Dens[...]
- Nepeleos from The Troll DensWhen Nepeleos was a child he wed his mother, Imbree. They dwelt in the lands of Al Liosh for many years before she conceived a child by him. At the child’s conception, Nepeleos knew that his mother was actually Imbrisius, the Maiden of Pain, and that she was a god. Knowing his own divinity... [...]
- Doom from The Troll Dens[...]
- Rather Mean Icecycle from The Troll DensEverything it touches, dies. It reminds me of the Mel Gibson movie, Payback. When Mel's character shoots the Alligator Skin suit cases and Coburn says "That's just mean!" [...]
- Primeval Totems from The Troll DensWith animal hide cloaks thrown over bronzed shoulders the small band of warriors led their people up the valley draw to the wide mouth of the cave above them. The weather had hounded them and they sought shelter, but more the hunting lions were driving... [...]
- The Wandering Monster Table – Steal this Trap from STUFFER SHACKThis is an entry for a contest – tell us about one of your traps…! Traps can be in the shape of anything, so be careful about where you put your hands! [...]
- She Got Stuck from The Troll Dens[...]
- The Mummy Returns from The Troll DensThey are reoptioned the Mummy franchise and are rolling out a whole new series of the movies. I enjoyed the Brendan Frazier flicks, especially the first one, but don't know if they need to be remade. They aren't but a few years old for heaven's sake.It... [...]
- Bloodlines: A Supers Campaign Seed (Part One) from Age of RavensGENERATIONS OF HEROES The Bloodlines setting focuses on family lines of superheroes and how they exist in the world. As the Cold War of the 1950’s intensified, the US tested its most powerful thermonuclear weapon. Contrary to models and expectations, this blast’s effects continued on in... [...]
- A strong wind blows: Environmental effects for RPGs from Campaign Mastery
Order of the D30
LCARS (Library Computer Access Retrieval System)
- Ad Man Portfolio (10)
- Agent of October (2)
- Alien Graphics (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Comic Books (31)
- Connection Ministries (19)
- DC (22)
- Demotivational Posters (249)
- Destination Iowa (3)
- Fake Movie Posters (3)
- Firefly (2)
- Fluff/Inspiration (335)
- Gaming in the Universe of… (32)
- Gaming Notes (30)
- Goober's Place (One Way Express) (17)
- Legacy D&D (54)
- Life near an Iowa Cornfield (76)
- Little Dutch Can (4)
- Marvel (12)
- Memories of Virginia (11)
- Movie Reviews (65)
- Movie Trivia (3)
- Movies (52)
- Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight (42)
- News, Reviews and Culture (43)
- Nit-picking (2)
- Observations of a Noob GM (11)
- Order of the D30 (11)
- Other Systems (52)
- Photoshop Creativity (15)
- Play (21)
- Plot Hooks from… (9)
- Risus (8)
- RPG (164)
- Savage Worlds (22)
- Science Fiction (26)
- Serialized Fiction (1)
- SS3F (4)
- Star Trek (61)
- Star Wars (12)
- Stargate (6)
- Stev (2)
- TweetLibs (4)
- Twitter Inspired (4)
- Vulcan Stev (30)
- Vulcan Stev Family Journey (15)
Nebula of Tags20th Century Fox Ad Man Ashya T'Sai Batman breast cancer Cancer Cancer Crisis cancer fight Captain Kirk Car Wars Christmas humor comic book characters Connection Ministries Coping with Cancer creative writing D&D D&D 2e D&D humor demotivation Demotivational Poster Dungeons & Dragons Fake Movie Poster Fluff/Inspiration Fluff/Inspiration demotivation game night game stats Gaming in the Universe of Goober Goobers words of wisdom Harry Potter INA Inspiration/Fluff Little Dutch Can Liver Cancer LOLcats Movie Review Movie Reviews Movies Mrs. Vulcan Stev Mrs. Vulcan Stev's Fight Nevets Belin New Hope Fellowship News One Way Express Order of the D30 Paramount Pictures Photoshop pirates Pirates of the Caribbean PIT #1 PIT #2 PIT #3 Plot Hooks from... Portfolio Reviews and Culture Risus Rory's Story Cubes RPG RPG Blog Carnival RPG Bloggers Network Savage Worlds Spock Stargate SG-21 Star Trek Star Trek: TOS Star Trek Humor Star Wars Star Wars humor Stev Super Heroes The Watchmen Vulcan Stev Walt Disney Pictures Warner Bros. Ye Olde Shoppe of Magicks